Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Bringing in 2014


After much discussion about potential parties and fireworks, Ru and I decided to bring in the New Year together quietly at home... that is if you can really call any space occupied by two boys (ages 7 and 10) quiet.

It was nice.  We ordered Thai from Thai Garden, our favorite neighborhood spot and sat around the dining table enjoying a nice meal together as a family. A few days before, one of my friends forwarded me an activity to share with the kids.  It was to be a part of a time capsule.  We used it to guide our dinner conversation.  We reviewed the challenges and successes we each had in 2013 and what we would like to accomplish in the year ahead.

It wasn't a resolution as much as it was a year in review and sharing what we look forward to achieving in 2014.  It's amazing how much I learned about each of my family members, including some surprises from my soulmate, who I thought I knew absolutely everything about.

After dinner we watched "Mr. Deeds" to pass the time until the ball dropped.  I used movie time to take a little cat nap curled up in front of the TV.  I think it's funny that I spent so much of my young adult life up until the wee hours of the morning and now I can't make it past 10pm without a "Z".  Must be age ;-)

10 seconds before midnight, we counted down to the New Year, toasted a crystal long stem filled with a little bubbly, (sparkling cider for the kids and our daughter, "Preggers") and kissed as the kids cheered and watched the last entertainers on New Year Rockin' Eve.  Then off to bed we all went.

Whatever you did to bring in the New Year, I hope that it was fabulous!  Wishing You and Yours a Very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment