Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Balancing Act



In October 2013, my whole world changed.  The company I had been working for disclosed a future shift, which meant that I could hang around to see what happens or I could take my life into my own hands and decide which direction I wanted to move in.

I opted for the latter and by the end of November R2M Realty, Inc. was born.  I knew that starting a new business would take a lot of time and energy but I didn’t realize just how much.  With that said, whatever you put your energy to grows.  Since making the decision, I’ve put in unlimited amounts of time and energy to my new business.  Yes, my blog has suffered (for the moment) but a girl can only do what a girl can do. 

Besides getting the business up and running, I have two school age children who need my attention, my husband and our daughter (age 24), who is due to give birth to our first grandchild in June.  If that weren’t enough, I received contracts to author a cookbook, which I will be beginning next week.  When it rains it pours and I’ve grabbed a bucket!

Overwhelmed?  No!  Extremely excited!  Having a full plate has shown me that with determination and the right organizational skills, you can do more than you think.  And though I am not currently prepping for a competition, I have been able to get my workouts in regularly, maintaining a shape that I can live with and building muscle in the meantime.

You can have it all, if you truly want it.  Excuses are the things that stop us from being the most productive and fulfilled individuals that we can be.  I’m not its easy.  Some days I feel as though it’s a balancing act, but if you slow down, take a deep breathe and really feel where you can put the next plate, you can do it! 

So you’ve been thinking about a business idea; there is a class coming up that you’ve been dying to take… Life is too short not to go for it.  Plan your schedule out to see where and how you can make it work. 
Don’t allow yourself to get overwhelmed by lumping everything into one.  You just have to break it down… like your workouts… one rep at a time.

Here’s wishing you the best of luck at balancing your next venture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment