Thursday, June 27, 2013

Quinoa Shrimp Cakes with a Kick!


1 lb of cooked shrimp (deveined with tails removed)
1 cup cooked quinoa 
1 egg white
1 sliced jalapeno pepper
3 diced scallions
3 chopped cloves of garlic
1 piece of ginger (about 1/2"knob) sliced
1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1-2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1-2 tablespoons agave nectar

For Sauce

Chili Garlic Sauce
Lime Juice
Brown Sugar (or Agave Nectar)
Fat Free Greek Yogurt  (I used Fage Brand)


Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until completely mixed.  I used my Blendtec blender.    Use a wooden spoon to check to make sure all is blended evenly.  Heat a nonstick skillet coated with Pam on medium heat.  Scoop out 2 tablespoons and form patties.  Place patties in skillet and cook for approximately 5 minutes.  Be sure to press patties to remove any excess liquids.  This will make them firmer and prevent breakage.  


Top with sauce made of chili garlic sauce, lime juice and a little brown sugar.  Mix to taste.  I used 2 tablespoons chili garlic, 1 tablespoon of lime juice and about a teaspoon of brown sugar.  I also added a little Greek yogurt to make the sauce creamy but if you are like my husband and not into cream, just eliminate the yogurt.

I just came up with this one last night so I haven't worked out the approximate nutritional information yet but this should yield you about 4 servings.  I hope you like them!




No comments:

Post a Comment