Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pistachio & Cranberry Chicken Burgers

Since I am officially off season, I've been experimenting in the kitchen like "Dexter's Laboratory" (an animated kids' show... My son is a fan).  My latest craze is chicken breast burgers. Last week I made a chicken & quinoa creole burgers. I made them from chicken breasts that were previously cooked.

Today I went with raw boneless chicken breasts processed in a Blendtec blender. I decided to experiement with a sweet and savory flavor.  This is what I came up with.  These are amazing and passed the taste test of my 10 year old.  He actually had two! 

Give them a try and let me know what you think. 

Pistachio & Cranberry Chicken Burgers

Served with Pistachio & Arugula Pesto on Zucchini Pasta
                   


1 lb boneless chicken breast
1/4 cup dried cranberries (finely chopped)
1/4 cup pistachios (finely chopped)
1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried sage

Place chicken breast in Blentec or other type of food processor and pulse until completely chopped. Place into a large bowl.  Add all other ingredients and mix using hand until all ingredients are combined. 

Preheat a non-stick pan and coat lightly with Pam or other cooking spray. Make four 4 ounce patties and place in pan.  Cook until done on both sides.  Serve with salad or other green veggie.  These burgers are full of flavor. No toppings necessary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment