Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Peach & Pistachio Mini Protein Muffins

It doesn't take a genius to know that I've been in a creative mood in the kitchen as of late. Yesterday's dinner, the pistachio and cranberry burger was inspired by the intro to zucchini pasta at my girlfriend, Janet's house for lunch.

All I kept thinking was to make some sort of pesto to go with it... And it had to have pistachios. (I was craving them... and NO!  I'm not pregnant). With the hour ride back to Rockland, I had a head full of ideas, as well as a bag full of peaches that Janet gave me from a local orchard. 

Lord knows I love peach cobbler. I made a mean one over the summer, but my head is in health conscious mode. I wanted to create something that works with my lifestyle and not something that would have me running to the cardio gods for forgiveness... But you'll probably be thanking me for this sweet little protein treat. 

Peach & Pistachio Mini Protein Muffins


2 Cups Ground Oats
2 Tablespoons of Wheat Germ
2 Scoops Vanilla Creme Proto Whey
1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch of Sea Salt
3 Egg Whites
3/4 Cups Organic Unsweetened Applesauce
1/2 Cup Water
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/3 Cup Chopped Pistachios
1-1 1/2 Cups Chopped Peaches (I think I cut 3-4)
1-2 Teaspoon Stevia (optional)

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray non stick mini muffin pan with Pam or other cooking spray. 

Sift together oats, wheat germ, whey, cinnamon, baking powder and sea salt. Add in egg whites, apple sauce, water and extract. Last fold in peaches and pistachios. 

Measure out 1 tablespoon to each muffin hole. This should yield approximately 28 muffins. Let bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let rest for two minutes then transfer to wire cooling rack to cool.





















I ate them plain but my son liked topping them with fat free Redi-whip!  

Yum!!!



















                                                                                                        








No comments:

Post a Comment