Thursday, September 12, 2013

Zucchini Nut Pancakes

Oh my!  These were A-mazing!  Inspired by the zucchini bread that I made about a month ago, all I could think about was giving them a place in pancakes.  I am soooo glad I did!  You have to try these  and post back what you think!  I think I have a new favorite....for now. ;-)


















Zucchini Nut Pancakes

1/3 Cup Ground Oats
1 Tablespoon Wheat Germ
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch of Sea Salt
3/4 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon of Stevia
1 Large Egg White
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/3 Cup Shredded Zucchini
5-6 Walnut Halves (Crushed)
4-5 Tablespoons of Water
Pam

Sift all dry ingredients together.  Stir in Egg White, Water and Vanilla Extract. Fold in Zucchini and Walnuts.  Heat a non stick pan on medium heat and lightly coat with Pam.   Use a tablespoon to measure out a short stack (3 pancakes about 2-3 tablespoons each.  When cake batter begins to bubble, flip to cook other side.

Serve with a sugar free syrup.

Recipe makes 1 serving.

Approximates:   Calories 231     Fat 12.07 grams    Carbs 24.1 grams     Protein 11.1 grams  

1 comment: