Sunday, October 20, 2013

Apple Walnut Pancakes

I guess there is no denying that I totally have a thing for oatmeal pancakes. Yes, I make them with different flavors but the base is all oats and wheat germ for added fiber.

I recently experimented with two new flavors... Pear & Pistachio (Posting soon) and Apple Walnut.  Loved them both! I hope you do to!  Be sure to let me know your favorites! 

   Apple Walnut Oatmeal Pancakes






1/3 Cup Ground Oats
1 Tablespoon Wheat Germ
1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Stevia
Pinch of Sea Salt
1 Egg White
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice or Lemon Flavoring
2-3 Tablespoons Water
1 Tablespoon Crushed Walnut
1/4 Cup of Apple Chunks

In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients together (with exception of nuts and apples). When completely mixed, add egg whites, water and extract.

If you need to, add a little more water or almond milk to make more pliable. I personally prefer to just use water as I don't see the need for the additional calories as the water does the trick.

When you have a nice pancake batter consistency, fold in your apples and nuts.

Preheat a medium non stick skillet lightly coated with Pam. Use a tablespoon to spoon batter in pan. It takes approximately 2 tablespoons to make 3 silver dollar pancakes.

You can easily make these into protein pancakes by simply adding a half scoop of Vanilla Creme Proto Whey to the mix.  I've made them with and without.  Just depends on whether or not you will be serving with a protein source or not.  When I am on the road, all of my cakes have added protein.  Makes staying on top of my meals and calorie count a lot easier.





No comments:

Post a Comment