Sunday, October 20, 2013

Dark Chocolate Walnut Protein Pancakes

Last night the hubs (aka my husband, Rudy) and I had a wonderful spa date.  During the drive home, feeling cleansed and rejuvenated, I shared with Ru that I looked forward to going home and having some echinacea tea or green juice to continue the cleanse.  Upon arriving, I darted to the pantry for the Ghirardelli bittersweet morsels and made these instead!  LOL!  Bad girl!  Loving my pancakes!

Dark Chocolate Walnut Protein Pancakes


1/3 Cup of Ground Oats
1 Tablespoon of Wheat Germ
1/2 Scoop Vanilla Creme Proto Whey
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Dash of Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon Stevia
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Egg White
3-4 Tablespoons Water
8  60% Cacao Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Morsels
1 Tablespoon of Chopped Walnuts

In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients together (with exception of nuts and chocolate chips). When completely mixed, add egg whites, water and extract.

If you need to, add a little more water or almond milk to make more pliable. I personally prefer to just use water as I don't see the need for the additional calories as the water does the trick.

When you have a nice pancake batter consistency, fold in your morsels and nuts.

Preheat a medium non stick skillet lightly coated with Pam. Use a tablespoon to spoon batter in pan. It takes approximately 2 tablespoons to make 3 silver dollar pancakes.

These are super yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment