Saturday, October 12, 2013

Rock Star Breakfast Pizza

Back in the day when I would dance the night away, I'd sleep until the next afternoon and wake up craving a large pizza pie topped with sausage, bacon, ham, mushrooms... the works!

After driving back from the ING Hartford Health & Fitness Expo in Connecticut late last night, I woke up this morning feeling as though I had partied like a rock star and really had a hankering for none other than one of those legendary large pizza pies, but let's face it... I'm not the "bad girl" I used to be. And unless I am celebrating the end of a twelve week contest prep, I am not hitting Lilo's Pizzeria at 8:30am... Not that they would be open anyway. 

Here's what I came up with instead...

Rock Star Breakfast Pizza


                   

1/3 Cups Ground Oats (I blended in my Blendtec blender)
1 Tablespoon Wheat Germ
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder 
2 Egg Whites
Dash of Sea Salt
2 Tablespoons Tomato Sauce
Handful of Spinach (Sliced)
4-5 Basil Leaves (Sliced)
1/4 cup of your favorite cheese (I combined Low Fat Mozzarella and Low Fat Sharp Cheddar)
5 Mushroom slices (chopped)
1 piece of Turkey Bacon (sliced)

In a medium bowl, mix oats, wheat germ, baking powder, salt and egg whites. Add a little water to make into a pancake batter consistency (about 1-2 tablespoons)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 

Heat a non stick pan coated with Pam on medium heat. Pour batter in to pan to make 1 crust. When batter begins to bubble, flip to cook opposite side. 

Place crust on pizza stone or pizza pan. Cover crust with tomato sauce. Sprinkle on cheese and other toppings.  I finished pie with one cherry tomato on top. 
                    

Place in oven and cooked for 5-10 minutes and serve. Going back to bed now. This rock star needs her beauty sleep. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment