Wednesday, October 23, 2013

German Chocolate Protein Pancakes


I have been absolutely loving the dark chocolate walnut protein pancakes!  Thought I'd double the fun by switching from vanilla Proto whey to chocolate for a double chocolate experience.
Then I thought, "Why not make it triple chocolate by adding a little cocoa powder?"  On the shelf in the pantry next to the cocoa powder sat the shredded coconut. Today is leg day so I'm entitled to some extra fun. "Let's go all the way!"

"All the way" I went and down the hatch went the cakes... without a minute for a photo op!  I guess I'll have to make them again so we can get a looksy. ;)Until then, here's a picture of a German Chocolate Cake... But NOT to be mistaken for German Chocolate Protein Pancakes!


Inspiration

1/3 Cup Ground Oats
1-2 Tablespoons Wheatgerm (I used two for this recipe)
1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon Stevia
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Organic Cocoa Powder 
1 Scoop Double Chocolate Proto Whey
1Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Egg white
3-4 Tablespoons water
8 Ghirardelli Bittersweet Morsels
1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts
1/2 Tableapoon organic shredded raw coconut

Mix all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl (with the exception of the nuts and chocolate morsels). I sift with a fork. When mixed evenly, add egg white and water. Slowly add water until it hits pancake batter consistency. 

Spray a non stick skillet with Pam and heat over medium flame. Add batter by using a tablespoon. This makes 3 silver dollar cakes with 2-3 spoonfuls of batter per cake. When cakes bubble flip to cook other side. You can eat as is or top with your favorite sugar free syrup.  Enjoy! 


              

Heading to BodyQuest now to work mine off!  Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment