Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tiramisu Protein Pancakes (aka "Tiera Mi Amor")

Last week my daughter, Tiera came over for a visit with her bestie.  I was in the middle of cooking (of course) and somehow we got onto the subject of pancakes.  We went on and on about the endless possibilities.  My daughter thought tiramisu would be a perfect pancake.  But of course she would, tiramisu has been her favorite dessert since she was a little girl!  Shortly after pancakes, my baby shared that she has a bun in the oven!  It took me a while to digest it but I am super excited and came up with these cakes in her honor.  Tiera, I love you!

Tiera Mi Amor Protein Pancakes




1/2 cup of Rolled Oats
1 Tablespoon Ground Espresso Dark
1 Teaspoon Organic Cocoa Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
Pinch of Fine Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon Stevia
1 Egg White
1 Teaspoon Dark Rum (optional)
Water (approximately 8 Tablespoons)

Combine Oats and Espresso in a blender and pulse until it is a fine powder.  I use a Blendtec and Starbuck's Dark Espresso Roast.   Pour powder in a medium size bowl and add all other dry ingredients.  Sift ingredients to combine.   I sift together with a fork.  When mixed evenly, add egg white, rum and water.  Be sure to add water slowly until the it is a batter like consistency.



Spray a non stick skillet with Pam and heat over medium flame.  Add batter using a tablespoon.  This is one serving and should make about 4 silver dollar cakes with 2-3 tablespoons each.  When cakes begin to bubble, flip and cook opposite side.

Tiera Mi Amor Cake
This batch I made into 2 cakes vs my typical 3

Sorry, keeping it clean.  NO mascarpone cheese here.  But I did choose to top with fat free Redi Whip and sprinkle a little extra cocoa powder!



Yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment