Monday, November 4, 2013

Coconut Protein Pancakes

When I was a little girl, there was nothing quite like a beautiful white, fluffy coconut cake.  I found them to be "oh so pretty" to look at.  And the taste... I always wanted more.  This recipe brought me back to the days of innocence and yes, they are guilt-free.

Coconut Protein Pancakes


1/3 cup ground oats*
1 Tbsp. wheat germ
1 Tbsp. ground almonds*
1 Scoop Vanilla Creme Proto Whey
1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
1 1/2 tsp. stevia
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1 egg white
4 Tbsp. of water
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract

(*Grind in blender)

Begin by combining all dry ingredients in a small bowl.  Sift with fork until completely mixed.


Add egg whites, water and extracts and mix.  


Spray a non stick skillet with Pam and heat on medium.  I used a stainless steel this time though.
Add 2 tablespoons per cake.  (Makes 4 silver dollars)  When the cakes begin to bubble, flip to cook the opposite side and serve.

I sprinkled coconut on mine and topped with fat free Redi Whip.  No syrup necessary.



No comments:

Post a Comment