Friday, November 29, 2013

Egg Nog Protein Pancakes

One would think after last night's Thanksgiving dinner that I would just be looking for salad and protein today, but I was totally in the mood for some pancakes.  It may have something to do with deadlifting with Ru.  He did 250 lbs x 25 reps.  I have to work on it.  I couldn't do one of those!  :-(  So we lowered the weight to 130 lbs and I hit that for 25 reps.  To my credit, I definitely could have done more.  ;-)

As we are getting close to the Christmas holiday,  I definitely find that my pancake cravings are inspired by flavors of the season.  Today was dedicated to Egg Nog.  

Egg Nog Protein Pancakes



1/3 cup ground oats
1 Tbsp. wheat germ (I think I will take them out next time)
1 scoop Vanilla Creme Proto Whey
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. stevia
1 egg white
1/4 cup Rice Dream Rice Nog
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. bourbon whiskey (optional)

Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl using a fork to blend. Add all liquids and blend evenly.  

Heat a non-stick skillet coated with Pam over a medium flame.  Use a tablespoon to pour batter in pan.  2-3 tablespoons per cake.  When the tops begin to bubble, flip to cook the opposite side.  

Top with fat free Redi Whip.

Happy Holidays!

Makes 1 Serving
Calories 266     
Fat 5.06 gr      Carbs 32.24 gr      Dietary Fibers 5.5 gr     Sugars  7.5 gr      Protein 19.6gr

No comments:

Post a Comment